Down is treated as a commodity and the price fluctuates about as much as petrol at the gas station, depending on supply and demand. Couple that with not really knowing whether your down is from a sustainable and responsible source, or has come from a less desirable live plucked source, and down is looking less and less desirable as a technical hunting option.
Our search for a responsible down product lead us to a brand new product from Primaloft called Thermoplume. This is a new fill that is 100% synthetic, yet it behaves just like down, with similar warmth to weight and packability but far superior performance to any down (water resistant or not) in wet weather and in breathability.
- 290gsm Primaloft Thermoplume fill
- Unique baffle woven fabric eliminates the need for stitching or thermally bonding the baffles, creating a much stronger product and virtually eliminating any insulation migration through stitching holes
- Dual cuff system, adjustable outer cuff, stretch lycra inner cuff, for superior comfort and seamless seal between your jacket and gloves
- 2 lower handwarmer pockets & Internal mesh dump pocket
- Fully adjustable tunnel tech hood
- Minimal seams and critical seams are placed specifically to increase weather resistance
- YKK Zippers
- PFC free DWR
- 850 Grams weight per Medium Size
- Size S-4XL