Based on the venerable Meindl Island, the Meindl Guffert is exceptionally supportive and designed to function in the broadest possible range of terrains and activities. The Island was originally conceived as a all-terrain boot for Europe’s specialist mountain warfare troops. Since inception in the nineties it has undergone continuous improvement and refinement. This has led it to become the worlds most awarded outdoor boot in history.
Ideal for movement across broken or steep terrain when load carriage is medium to heavy (20-60kg+) and equally flexible for use on trails, paths and even around the office!
The Comfort fit concept is optimised for broader feet, both women and men, but many users with average width feet love them too. The Comfort fit® last has more space at the front of the foot with a firm grip on the heel. The side of the big toe and tips of the little toes are relieved with extra space. The new defined contour enables easier rollover when walking.
Very supportive and stable, the boots provide an excellent platform for all activities including tactical operations where the risk of lower limb injuries is great. The boots are most at home in temperate environments.
Be sure to read the technology page for more detailed info on the amazing features of our Comfort Fit boots.
ADVICE FROM MEINDL
- This boot is awesome for operations in temperate environments. In very hot environments it may be quite warm on the feet.
- This boot best suits foot width over 110-115mm in a size 10UK. However, many users with average width feet do also report extreme comfort (and usually select a half size smaller). This is due to the way the last positions the big toe nice and straight allowing a very natural stance and roll off.
- The boot is ideal for any occasion and especially when you are carrying medium to heavy loads (20-60k+kg).
- Ankle support is substantial in these boots but most users end up just wearing them everywhere, in every situation and terrain because they are just so damn comfy. The ankle is flexible enough to allow driving.
- Apply Meindl Sport wax liberally to the heel flex zone, the exposed seams and toe flex zones to prevent leather drying and cracking in these high wear zones.
- Wax makes the leather several shades darker and gives it a smooth waxed surface.
- DIGAfix® lacing system. Provides perfect support to the ankle and holds the heel into the boots heel counter to increase stability and guard against heel rubbing and blisters.
- Open shaft laces hooks for quick don and doff and lace locking.
- Comfort fit® features:
- More room for toes and more capacity.
- More ball width and straight adjustment of the big toe.
- Wider stance due to wider sole base.
- Perfect fit due to the snug-fitting heel.
- Internal polymer toe cap with generous volume.
- Meindl (MFS) Memory Foam System. Heat activated responsive memory foam padding in key fit and support areas to ensure an amazingly customised fit.
- Very comfortable orthotic full-length differential tapered polyamide shank with defined torsion and flexation zones. Medium flex to provide optimum support in as much of the use spectrum and terrain types as possible.
- Flexible Crampon compatible.
- Multi-core Polyaramid reinforced laces for ultimate strength and reliability
- Synthetic internal structure supports to balance ankle support and flexibility. Rigidity and ankle support is optimised for use in heavy load carrying situations and movement across broken terrain.
- GORE-TEX® lining for 100% waterproofness and vapour permeable breathability.
- Comfort fit® cork insole with Poron® shock absorber, Cambrelle and fleece covering plus integrated arch pad. This provides full structural support to the foot.
- Volume adjustment provided by 2 mm thick foam insert along midsole underneath footbed. If more space is needed, this padding between the footbed and the inner sole can be taken out. The foam layer simultaneously works in the shoe as a extra shock absorber.
- Aggressive Meindl Multigriff® sole pattern provides optimum balance of adhesion, braking, lateral stability and toe thrust.
- Meindl differential walking system. Differential roll effect is produced by the shank and sole to encourage efficient gait.
- EVA foam midsole for excellent shock absorption, vibration dampening, rebound and flexibility.
- Rubber outsole optimised for use in rural terrain with self-cleaning profile.
- Weight: 880gm per shoe in size 8UK
- Height: 20cm in size 8UK
- UK 6-13 in half sizes, 14, 15 in whole sizes