Mont Brindabella 700 XT Outer Shell Xlarge NEW Model
Details New Model
This extra large version of the Brindabella fits users up to 200 cm and has an extra 100 grams of fill. It also has an extra 10cm internal shoulder circumference.
With 30 years experience, Mont knows a thing or two about making sleeping bags. This is shown in innovations like the Radial Arc Baffle System, which allows down to loft higher and spread more evenly around your body for superior warmth and comfort. The new and improved Tapered Rectangular Series are warmer and lighter than ever before and feature DWR treated 785+ loft Duck Down.
The Brindabella Hydronaute XT™ – XL features a waterproof, ultra breathable shell fabric that keeps your sleeping bag safe from condensation and damp. This extra large version fits users up to 200 cm and has an extra 100 grams of fill. It also has an extra 10cm internal shoulder circumference.
- Filled with DWR 785+ Duck Down
- Radial Arc Baffle System
- Differential cut reduces the potential for compression cold spots
- Toaster foot pocket for air activated heat pack
- Tuck stitching for increased durability of baffles
- The foot zipper means you can open it out as a doona in warmer weather and the tapered rectangular shape gives you room to move.
- No cross block baffle allowing flexible down distribution around base and canopy
- Over sized 3D draught tube along zip to retain warmth
- Comes with sil-nylon compression stuff sac and large poly/cotton storage bag
- Minimum Comfort Temperature -11°C
4 season bushwalking
Duck down 785+ loft
15 Denier nylon
EN13537 Comfort Temperature
EN13537 Lower Limit Temp
EN13537 Extreme Temperature
Dimensions/Max User Height
The Brindabella 850, available in Standard, Women’s & XL sizes, is a high performance sleeping bag for cool to cold adventures above & below the snow-line.
A unique Cordless Collar System, vertical baffles for insulation efficiency & new shell fabric providing marked improvements in function & performance.
The Brindabella XT series replaces the Tapered Rectangular Series, with the Brindabella XT 850 model replacing the Kiandra model.
- Tapered rectangular cut means a wide foot section for room to move
- Radial Arc Baffle System on horizontal baffles maximises baffle loft height & warmth
- Differential cut between inner & outer reduces compression & cold spots
- Vertical baffles on torso maintain optimal down distribution
- Cross block baffles prevent down shift between canopy & base
- Box walled baffles for warmth
- Twin interlocking down-filled draught tubes along zip retain heat
- Durable laminated Nylon anti-snag shield along zip
- Contoured hood with down-filled muff
- Unique Cordless Collar System wraps efficiently around shoulders without the need for a fiddly and uncomfortable drawcords
- Drawcords across chest and at top of hood
- Toaster Pocket in foot for air-activated heat pack
- Sewn with hydrophobic Epic thread to prevent moisture from wicking along seams and inside the shell
- Tuck stitched for seam strength & greater water resistance
- Full length YKK side zip with dual sliders & foot zip
- Includes siliconised-Nylon mechanical advantage compression stuff sack & 50L polyester storage sack with printed care & washing instructions
PREMIUM HIGH LOFT DOWN
This product is filled with Premium White Down with a loft rating of between 785 and 850 cubic inches per ounce.
Mont’s down is selected for it’s high quality, purity and the fact that it is not live plucked.
All Mont Sleeping Bags are sewn with hydrophobic Epic Thread. The silicon impregnated in this thread prevents moisture wicking along seams and into the bag, keeping down dryer and warmer.
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
RDS is an independent, voluntary global standard that ensures down is not sourced via live plucking, that birds are not force fed & that a birds welfare is always upheld.
Certified by IDFL
Project #: 005963
SAY GOODBYE TO COLD FEET
The Toaster Pocket is for slow-release, air-activated heat packs: your toes and feet will never be cold again. The Toaster Pocket can be found in Spindrift, Expedition, Brindabella, Helium and Zodiac Series Sleeping Bags.
HYDRONAUTE XT SHELL
Comfort in the Extreme: Using advanced monolithic PU membrane technology, Hydronaute XT fabric is completely waterproof, totally windproof & highly breathable. Guaranteed to maintain greater warmth & comfort than coated fabrics, Hydronaute XT is the best protection for down sleeping bags & clothing in cold to extreme conditions.
Waterproof to 20,000mm: Keeping down dry is vital for optimal performance; wet down just won’t keep you warm. Waterproof Hydronaute XT fabric provides exceptional moisture protection for down clothing & sleeping bags.
Highly Breathable 20,000g/m2/24hrs: If not removed promptly, water vapour from your body will gather on down & reduce its ability to trap warmth. Hydronaute XT fabric expels 20L of water vapour per square metre per 24 hours for drier down, greater loft & maximum warmth.
Warmth Sealed In: With a 100% windproof rating, even Arctic blasts will not penetrate Hydronaute XT fabric, keeping warm air trapped inside.
CORDLESS COLLAR SYSTEM
Mont’s new Cordless Collar System provides superior insulation around your shoulders and neck without the need for uncomfortable and fiddly draw cords.
The Cordless Collar can be wrapped snugly around your neck and shoulders or in warmer conditions can be secured inside the sleeping bag to increase ventilation.
The Cordless Collar is a unique Mont design and can be found on Brindabella, Spindrift and Expedition 8000 sleeping bags.
RADIAL ARC BAFFLE SYSTEM
The Radial Arc Baffle System is a significant design innovation that improves the thermal efficiency of a Mont Sleeping Bag.
Radial Arc Baffles curve naturally around your body rather than bending around your body. When a down baffle (chamber) is bent or distorted, ripples in the fabric occur which will compress down and create cold spots. The Radial Arc Baffle System reduces bending and distortion and increases loft and warmth.
Tuck stitching is a construction method that conceals the stitch inside the sleeping bag thereby protecting it from abrasion and snagging. This is in comparison to top stitched seams where each stitch is exposed. Tuck stitched seams are also more water resistant than top stitched seams, again because the seam is concealed internally.
Tuck stitching attaches the lock-knit baffle fabric to a small fold in the shell material. Tuck stitching joins three layers of fabric making for a much stronger seam than top stitching that only joins two.
Z-FORCE COMPRESSION STUFF SACK
The Z-Force Compression Stuff Sack is the original and only stuff sack that utilises mechanical advantage to compress gear smaller with less effort. Three compression straps in pulley configuration compress your gear from both ends with a single pull of each. Pack your gear smaller than ever with less effort.